Computer Programming program is science related to computer use, software making (for pc, network environment and internet), hardware maintenance and repair, and setup and management of computer networks.
Computer technician is someone who has sufficient knowledge on all of the above subjects, but is trained to specialize in one of these subjects.
The training that the technician has gained will teach that it is necessary to establish a good relationship with others in order to properly organize the working environment. Technician will have a high level of application skills and know contemporary trends in advanced information technologies.
Accordingly, the role of technicians in the computer industry:
Common features of job descriptions of all technicians
- Finding errors
- Problem solving
- To decide
- Planning of processes and functions
It can be expressed as.
Technician is responsible for the effectiveness of work against management. Will be able to oversee the work of software technicians assigned to certain tasks. It will demonstrate expertise in most of the following areas.
- Know the basic concepts in the field of computer
- Takes part in software planning and design
- Performs non-managerial tasks within the group in program production studies in the software industry
- Software installation, testing and acceptance processes
- Takes measures regarding data security and storage
- Sets up and uses word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, database and graphic-based design programs and produces programs using the program development modules of these programs
- Detects software and simple hardware failures encountered in the computer and provides solutions to problems that do not require expertise
- Uses personal computer operating systems and network operating systems that remain valid in the industry. Access the information they want using the Internet
- Takes part in hardware discovery processes
- Makes the selection and installation of materials and equipment related to the system
- Knows where to apply law-based regulations on computer resources, health and safety at work
- Knows the basic concepts in the field of human relations and entrepreneurship, converts these concepts into principles and ethical rules while serving
- Gains analytical thinking ability
- Gains the habit of making correct criticism and being open to criticism in place and on time
- Takes place as qualified intermediate staff in computer industry
- Applies the techniques detailed in standards and regulations.
It contributes to the country's economy by using its knowledge and skills in the field.
Workshop / Laboratory Equipment
As IT studies require intensive application, each student has a computer that can be used independently in application courses carried out in our laboratories. Our students benefit from free study and internet halls to be used in practice classes, PDL-1, PDL-2, PDL-3 classrooms and extracurricular activities. A large part of our theoretical lessons is carried out in projection halls.
Titles Graduates and Areas Where They Can Work
Students who graduate from the Computer Programming program receive the title of "Kastamonu University Taşköprü Vocational School Associate Degree Diploma" and "Technician". In public and private institutions;
- System support staff, technical service representative
- Computer Hardware element
- Computer Programmer
- Desktop Publishing, database assistant
- Computer operator
- Computer networks technician
- Internet programmer
- Web page designer
They can work as.
Students who graduate by completing the Undergraduate Vertical Transfer Program, if they pass the Vertical Transfer Exam held by ÖSYM;
- Computer engineering
- Computer Teaching
- Computer Systems Teaching
- Computer Technology and Information Systems
- Computer and Information Systems
- Computer and Control Teaching
- Computer and Instructional Technology Teacher Education
- Information Systems and Technologies
- Electronics and Computer Education
- Information Technologies
- Statistics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Computer
- Meteorological Engineering
- Applied Mathematics and Computer
- Space Engineering
they have the right to switch to their departments.